Prayer Journal: Preview, Download

Meeting Jesus in the Gospel of John is a six-week journey into deeper intimacy with God through praying with the words of John the Evangelist. This beautiful 60-page journal inspires meditation on a daily verse from John, encouraging participants to respond through words, images, or however the Spirit leads. Subscribe online to also receive a daily short video in which a monastic brother from the Society of Saint John the Evangelist shares comments on the daily Gospel verse, having a relationship with Jesus, and possibilities for further reflection. Ideal for small groups or individual use.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Download Printable versions of the Journal

1. […] Thanks to the generosity of the Diocese, we are all invited into this Lenten offering from the Society of St John the Evangelist. Prayer journals are available at no cost at the Cathedral; free printable versions of the journals are available here. […]

• Donna P on 02/10/2018 at 10:26 pm

Wonderful to hear you’ll be praying with us through Lent. Thank you.

2. Aldith B on 02/01/2018 at 4:11 pm

I purchased the booklets at Synoid this year, my husband and I are “show birds” and wish to participate in this lengthen journey, we are both looking forward to this. Is there any other materials that we need?

• c.hand.greeson@gmail.com on 02/02/2018 at 2:53 am

There is nothing else you will need. If you wish to sign up for the daily videos and questions from the Brothers, you can do that at the very bottom of this homepage (just before the video of Presiding Bishop Curry). If you already subscribe to Brother Give Us a Word, you will automatically receive the videos!
      The prayer journal is designed for you to take time with the scripture and questions and answer them in your personal prayer time. If you wish to delve a little deeper into the questions, please take a look at the curriculum pages. You and your husband form a “small group” and you might wish to ask yourselves some of the discussion questions, as assigned by week. (Note that these are designed for group leaders, so there is a lot of information you won’t need, if it’s just the two of you.)

3. Pam Clarke on 01/30/2018 at 4:56 am

I just tried to order prayer journal – amazon said they are not available Will they be available soon?

4. John McCann on 01/27/2018 at 8:29 pm

No I am John H. McCann from New York City’s Trinity Church Wall Street,

5. Laurie Robertson on 01/27/2018 at 5:39 pm

I have ordered a package of 10 of the books for my choir friends to journey with me through Lent. We are looking forward to a deep refreshing through this series. Some of us did the Rule of Life series before. Thank you for your ministry and for the absolutely beautiful journal book.

• dpresnell@ssje.org on 01/29/2018 at 7:57 pm

So glad to hear you’re participating, Laurie. Don’t forget the Facilitator’s Facebook group is a great resource to go over any issues or share your successes, or just discuss the offering with other group leaders. Almost 200 members have already joined at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1479690195431981/

6. suzanne w robinson on 01/27/2018 at 2:12 pm

Greetings – I am seeking to print out a facilitators’ guide to Meeting Jesus in the Gospel of John. Would you
    kindly email me the link so I may download it directly? Also, is there a direct line to tech support for Meeting Jesus? So many many blessings flow forth to a world in need from SSJE. Thank you and thanks be to the
    Divine Presence.

• dpresnell@ssje.org on 01/29/2018 at 8:37 pm

Hi Suzanne, you can download and print facilitator’s guides and other resources at http://meetingjesusinjohn.org/curriculum/! You will need to be logged in to download the printable resources.

7. L Buckland on 01/27/2018 at 11:30 am

Are you able to make the Journal available through Amazon UK, please?

• dpresnell@ssje.org on 01/29/2018 at 10:14 pm

Unfortunately, this year we were only able to supply through US and Canada Amazon accounts. We will strive to include the UK next year.

8. petermcarey@gmail.com on 01/21/2018 at 1:36 am

We will be using it in our parish here in Philadelphia during Lent. St. Mary’s, Cathedral Road. Very nice resource, and the price is right. Thank you for having so many ways of accessing this material! Blessings, Peter Carey+ (Rector of St. Mary’s)

• dpresnell@ssje.org on 01/21/2018 at 9:10 pm

We are pleased to hear your parish will be praying with us through Lent. Do not hesitate to ask questions here on this page if anything comes up. And please invite your parishioners to do the same. Warmest regards.

9. Dianna Berg on 01/19/2018 at 7:46 am

I welcome the daily contact and guidance…praying for you all.

• dpresnell@ssje.org on 01/21/2018 at 9:10 pm

Thank you for your kind words and prayers. We are grateful. And thank you for praying with us throughout Lent.

10. William Magee on 01/19/2018 at 5:31 am

Curtis,
    A few years back I was praying before going to bed. I wondered what it would be like to meet Jesus in person.
    I felt an adrenalin surge from the fear I felt.
    Following Sunday my AA group has a meditation meeting.
    Meditating, I again had the same though as the previous Sunday night and had the same reaction.
    During the meeting I felt myself being turned inside out. No sight, feeling or hearing. Then a slit opened and I saw myself convulsing in my chair.
    Scared, I wanted to get back. I did. No convulsions. I looked at the people on my left and saw them looking like cherubs all wearing the same smile and frocks.
    The wall in front of me was a cerulean green.
    To my right, nothing was changed.
    When I left the meeting, the sky and everything beneath looked more colorful and bright.
    I never felt the same since that day almost eight years ago.
    Blessings,
    Bill Magee

11. Michael Foley+ on 01/19/2018 at 1:23 am

What a resource! Thank you. Four of us will be with your community on retreat in March. Joy,

• dpresnell@ssje.org on 01/19/2018 at 4:24 am

Thank you for your kind words. Glad you will be here for retreat soon. Please comment as you participate through Lent and let us know your thoughts on Meeting Jesus in the Gospel of John.

12. Lutz Ackermann on 01/18/2018 at 12:10 pm

would it be possible to get a copy of the journal in a more readable font (or in an editable format so we could switch the font to something straightforward like Times New Roman)? Thanks

[yes, I am aware that the very arty font forces one to read slowly, and possibly several times, until one has managed to déchiffré what one is reading, and that is a good thing and probably intentional; but we also have to cater for elderly people, and some, who’s first language is not English, who would probably quickly give up]

• dpresnell@ssje.org on 01/19/2018 at 4:22 am

I will find out and get back to you ASAP.

• c.hand.greeson@gmail.com on 01/22/2018 at 7:58 am

There is a large print booklet available – click through to “Get Your Prayer Journal” and scroll down. The pdf is at the bottom of the page, free and downloadable! Each page of the journal is expanded to fit an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.

13. Linnae.peterson@gmail.com on 01/16/2018 at 10:15 pm

Where do I sign up for the video’s? I can’t seem to find it.

• dpresnell@ssje.org on 01/19/2018 at 4:20 am

HI Linnae – navigate back to the main page at meetingjesusinjohn.org. Scroll down to about the middle of the page and the sign up form should be right there.

14. Denise Fossen on 01/06/2018 at 12:26 am

I’m looking forward to this; grateful for a friend pointing this out.
    Thank you for your ministry.

15. Meg Smith on 12/13/2017 at 9:30 pm

I am looking forward to this reflection.
    I would enjoy sharing, but not submitting contact info, so I will not participate in that element.
    Bro. David and my SSJE Brothers, thank you for this. Thanks also, VTS, alma mater of the Rev’d Curtis Farr.

• dpresnell@ssje.org on 12/20/2017 at 7:42 pm

Thank you for participating, Meg!

16. John McCann on 11/17/2017 at 9:17 pm

Am looking forward to this, will be visitng SSJE for a few days, starting December 5

• dpresnell@ssje.org on 12/20/2017 at 7:43 pm

John, we hope you had a lovely visit and that you’ll enjoy praying with us through Lent with Meeting Jesus in the Gospel of John.

• Betty Goolsbee on 01/22/2018 at 9:30 pm

Are you the John McCann that is in Kansas City?

• John McCann on 01/27/2018 at 8:28 pm