Week 4 Compilation: I Have Called You Friends

We are pleased to share this compilation of the fourth week’s videos, which take up the theme “I Have Called You Friends.” We hope this compilation will help you to catch up on any videos you might have missed, as well as to provide an easy way to share the week’s videos in a group. We’d love to know how this week went for you!

We invite you to share your reflection here >

Week 4 Day 1: Near to the Heart of Jesus (The Beloved Disciple)

Week 4 Day 2: Trusting in Jesus (Thomas)

Week 4 Day 3: Accepting God’s Forgiveness (Peter)

Week 4 Day 4: Demonstrating Our Love (Mary of Bethany)

Week 4 Day 5: Proclaiming Our Love (Mary Magdalene)

Week 4 Day 6: Bringing Others to Jesus (Andrew)

1. jerry Kirks on 03/18/2018 at 4:46 pm

It occurred to me this morning how wonderful it was to be hearing about the love, friendship, and compassion of Jesus. Some of my religiou experiences have been focused on sin, judgement and hell. It feels sooo good to bask in the love of Jesus and try to know and love him more each day. This morning the sunrise was beautiful over the river. An invitation to another wonderful day together

2. Mary E Gaythwaite on 03/17/2018 at 11:44 pm

I have enjoyed this time with all the Brothers, have learned so much. Over the years have forgot so much. Thankyou all so much for renewing my knowledge and my love for Jesus.

3. Maureen on 03/12/2018 at 2:43 am

The process that unfolded this week reminds me of a gestation period. Being enclosed within this womb-space my friendship with Jesus is nurtured, establishing a firm foundation for the evolution of the angel within. I rest in patience, knowing that through the inspiration of the disciples studied this week and guidance of our mid-wife brothers, this cycle will come to fruition in rebirth, resurrection.
    Good news indeed to be anticipated. Thank you all.

4. James on 03/11/2018 at 8:06 pm

Praise God the the indescribable gift of His Son and our friend! He’s a friend that will never betray you nor never leave your side no matter what you say or do. Hallelujah!

5. Harriet Worden on 03/10/2018 at 8:12 pm

Each day through these Lenten reflections, I see and feel God’s love, and as I read the scriptures and pray over them, I realize how Jesus prayed to His Father and tried to do His will. He showed His love, by telling stories (parables) so that those around Him would understand that He was on earth to show the inestimable love our Father has for us and that we must show that same love to all people.

6. Margot L T on 03/10/2018 at 8:08 pm

As this week progressed with the growing image of a friendship with Jesus that might work in both directions, I felt spontaneously inclined toward sharing such a high with others. As was noted, however, ‘evangelism’ has been sullied in contemporary public discourse so unpacking the word was enormously helpful. There are many ways to confide this week’s revelation – I think particularly of my adult children and my grandchildren – while still working on truth and growth in my friendship with Jesus. Thank you to all the Brothers for their candid insights. I am also grateful to my fellow pilgrims whose comments are illuminating and encouraging.

7. Bryan Cook on 03/10/2018 at 7:37 pm

With each step along this Lenten Pathway I am feeling stronger, more whole and blessed by our company of internet pilgrims and Brother guides. I have been feeling more relaxed, the structure and nature of my prayers have changed from rote to a thoughtful and more honest intersession with the Lord as the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I would love to explore and understand that force we have been taught is the Holy Ghost…..and hear the Brothers reflections on the subject.
    My pilgrimage has been graced with interesting and compassionate characters and a daily writing of a haiku reflecting on late winter here in Canada. Ice fishing and snowshoeing have led me to marvel at His Creations; I have been able to experience the lives of all the Ministers who have graced our Church since 1828 by compiling an anthology of their pilgrimages through lives of service in His Name.
    I can feel the pulse of Spring. I know that I will have to bear witness to the Crucifixions before I can bathe once more in the warmth of Salvation and Rebirth.
    I say Crucifixons because there were three. I am so greaful for the sacrifice of My Lord’s Son, Jesus. I want to know if the two other sinners received Salvation too.

8. ELISSA on 03/10/2018 at 6:38 pm

This theme has been an enjoyable relevation for me. By exploring about my relationship with Jesus, the company of saints, angels, family, friends and strangers has opened an intimacy and closeness not felt before. Pray these feelings and openness stay with me beyond this Lenten season.

9. Jennifer Yoon on 03/10/2018 at 4:55 pm

This week was challenging for me. I have always known Jesus and considered Him my friend, which I feel perhaps has made me take that relationship for granted. I looked back at the times in my life when that relationship deepened and flourished, and reflected on ways I may reconnect and continue to grow that relationship and inspire it in others.

10. Keith Aldred on 03/10/2018 at 3:41 pm

Jesus is the best friend anyone could have. May we try to be like him and love others.

11. Richard Dixon on 03/10/2018 at 12:17 pm

I feel, after this week, closer to my Saviour Jesus. I have always thought of myself, when I thought of myself at all, as a rather cold person.
    I do believe that I might have got this wrong!
    Thank you Brothers, thank you Lord.