We know teenagers to be deep thinkers and deeply passionate. Meeting Jesus in the Gospel of John will help them to articulate their faith and grow in self-understanding.Teens depend heavily on their peer group for validation, support, and identity formation, making small group ministry important and challenging for teens and their leaders. Successful youth small groups require a few extra considerations.
- Getting Youth Small Groups Started
- Leadership Roles for Teens
- Special Consideration for Ministry with Teens
- Facilitation Best Practices
- Building a Weekly Agenda
- How to Run a Session
- Teens and Different Learning Styles
- Creating your Meeting Jesus Timeline
- Let’s Talk about Technology and Teens
- Pitfalls and Troubleshooting with Teens
Seven-Week Youth Curriculum
This curriculum will guide you through discussions surrounding the entirety of the prayer journal, focusing on the Brothers’ central question each week. This curriculum has been designed specifically for use with teens. It can be used during Lent if started during the last week after Epiphany, but can be used at any point throughout the year.